Coton House was one of the important country houses in Warwickshire, set in attractive park-lands and gardens outside the village of Churchover. The house dates from 1784 and the design is attributed to architect Samuel Wyatt. The construction of the M6 motorway and the conversion of the house and stables into a training centre with extensive new development compromised the building and its setting. More recently a major fire destroyed much of the fabric of the house.
The modern structures have been demolished and the derelict mansion restored as a single dwelling. The northern drive has been re-instated with new entrance gates.
The nineteenth century stable block has been restored and converted into individual dwellings and forms a focal point in a new residential development that has replaced the demolished training centre buildings. A dairy and game larder remain within the grounds; both have been repaired and the dairy has been extended and converted to a single dwelling. The new housing layout follows the pattern of the original gardens and the surviving features, such as the walled garden and topiary garden have been integrated into the mater-plan for the estate.